This porridge is perfect for dark and cold mornings when you don’t feel like getting out of bed. Prepping it the night before will give you something to look forward to and make you jump up as soon as your alarm goes off!! The endless topping possibilities also ensure you will never get bored.
– 1 cup of porridge oats (Gluten free oats are a great alternative)
– 2 cups of almond milk
– 1 tbsp of agave nectar or honey/maple syrup if you prefer
– 6 strawberries, halved
– 1 banana, sliced
– Small handful of flaked almonds
1. In a small saucepan add the porridge oats and almond milk.
2. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally, before reducing to a simmer.
3. Cook for a further 5-8 minutes until the porridge is cooked to your liking, stirring often.
4. Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy.
Tip: To save time in the mornings, pre-soak your oats in the almond milk overnight, this will reduce the cooking time by half!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!