This Crispy Garlic & Panko Breaded Lobster recipe will undoubtedly charmed your dinner guest. The beautiful sweet and tender meat of the lobster, should be treated with respect, not overpowered by rich and thick sauces that interfere with the freshness of the seafood. This is a favourite at my festive dinner table every year.
– 4 live lobsters, 450-675 g (1-1½ lb.) each
– 30 mL (2 tbsp.) melted ghee, butter or any fat
– 2-4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
– 10 g (2 tsp.) chopped capers
– 10 g (2 tsp.) grated lemon zest
– 15 g (1 Tbsp.) chopped fresh chives (reserve some for garnish)
– 15 g (1 Tbsp.) Chopped parsley (reserve some for garnish)
– 60g (4 Tbsp.) breadcrumbs
– 60g (4 Tbsp.) Panko breadcrumbs
– 45 g (3 tbsp.) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Blanch lobsters in sea salted water for 8 to 10 minutes. Cut lobsters in half lengthwise and crack claws.
2. Remove the little sack near the head and pat the lobster meat slightly dry.
3. Preheat the grill at medium-high heat.
4. Heat up ghee or butter, add garlic, chives and parley, just warm up for 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
5. Mix regular breadcrumbs with panko breadcrumbs, add Parmesan and set aside.
6. Pour 1-2 teaspoons of the garlic & herb melted ghee or butter, onto the lobster meat side of each lobster half.
7. Add remaining garlic & herb ghee or butter to the breadcrumbs and mix well.
8. Sprinkle & spread breadcrumbs onto the lobster meat of each half lobster.
9. Place lobster halves (shell side down) and claws on a tray.
10. Then place directly under a hot grill. Cook 5 to 6 minutes until breadcrumbs are crisp.
11. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives & parsley.
12. Serve with your favourite side dishes. We love honey caramelized heirloom carrots with garlic & rosemary roast potatoes.
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.
You can catch up with Jeeny at all the top food festivals nationwide, doing live cookery demonstrations on stage and talks all over the country, from Taste of Dublin, Galway International Food Festival, Taste of Cavan, Savour Kilkenny and many more.
Follow Chef Jeeny Maltese on: