This Crispy Roast Pork Belly recipe is a super quick and easy mid week dinner and it’s great when you’ve cooked Pork Belly the night before and you want a really tasty way to use the leftover meat. It’s important to use good quality pork and chunks cut from thicker slices.
– 600g Pork Belly
– Fennel seeds
– Cumin seeds
– Sea salt
– Mixed leaves of your choice – rocket, baby spinach, ruby chard
– Honey and fresh lemon juice for dressing
– Chutney or relish of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Using a small knife, make several small shallow cuts in the meat, about 5cm apart.
3. Rub the fennel seeds, cumin seeds and sea salt into the pork and roast for 1hr 30mins, turning the meat halfway through cooking.
4. Cut the pork belly into chunks and dry fry until crispy.
5. Dress the salad with the honey and lemon mixture and serve the pork belly on top with your favourite relish or chutney.
The West Waterford Festival of Food runs from the 15th-17th April 2016. For more information visit www.westwaterfordfestivaloffood.com.