This lightly spiced Pumpkin Bundt will fill your kitchen with all those amazing Autumn aromas.
– 220g plain flour
– 250g self raising flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp ground cloves
– 1 tsp ground mixed spice
– 1 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 410g caster sugar
– 250ml vegetable oil
– 4 medium eggs
– 425g pumpkin puree
– 100g chopped pecans
For the Topping
– 150g icing sugar
– Handful chopped pecans
– Handful pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan.
2. Grease your bundt tin with oil spray and set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and spices into a bowl.
4. Beat the sugar and oil in the bowl of a mixer for 5 minutes.
5. Gradually add the eggs and mix.
6. Next add the pumpkin puree and chopped pecans and combine.
7. On a low speed add half the flour and spice blend and mix, add the remaining half and mix until fully incorporated.
8. Pour this batter into the bundt tin, do not worry if it almost fills the tin as this cake does not rise too much.
9. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
10. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire wrack, cool fully.
11. When its cooling, for the topping simply add a drop of water to the icing sugar and mix until a sticky paste is reached.
12. Drizzle this over the cooled cake and top with chopped pecans and pumpkin seeds.
13. Serve at room temperature with a spoon of semi whipped cream.
Shane Smith hails from Co Cavan and has been cooking his way around Ireland and further afield for the past 16 years, starting his training in Co. Donegal in Tourism College Killybegs and then extending his studies to Galway Mayo Institute of Technology graduating with a degree in Culinary Arts, specialising in Pastry.
Shane has been very fortunate to have worked in and ran the pastry sections in some of Ireland’s leading 5* hotels and restaurants. Shane can be spotted all over the country carrying out his fun, interactive demonstrations with some of Ireland’s leading chefs. In September 2015, Shane was honoured to be awarded the title of “Best Bakery Manager in Ireland” in conjunction with Shelflife magazine and most recently has landed a cookery slot on Sunday AM where he can been seen regularly bringing his natural flare and love for all things sweet from the TV3 studios into the nation’s homes. chefshanesmith.ie