Spice up your fish and chip habit, with this healthier but just as tasty Mexican-Style Fish and Chips Recipe from M&S.
– 2 cod fillets
– 2 Maris Piper potatoes
– 1.5 tbsp chopped parsley
– 1 half bag nachos
– 1.5 tsp sweet paprika
– 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Pinches of salt and pepper
– 150ml sour cream
– 5 jalapenos, in brine
– 1 tbsp chopped coriander
– Squeezes fresh lime juice
1. Cut into approx. 1.5cm chips the Maris Piper potatoes.
2. Remove and retain the leaves from the chopped parsley. Finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp of the brine the jalapenos in brine. Remove and retain the leaves from the chopped coriander.
3. Preheat oven to 200C.
4. Combine ½ tsp chipotle chilli flakes, 1 tsp sweet paprika and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
5. Transfer the chips to a baking tray, and toss gently in 2 tbsps olive oil until evenly coated.
6. Season with the blended spice mix (to taste), and transfer to oven.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins, or until the chips are golden and cooked through.
8. Meanwhile prepare the rest. To prepare the fish. Blitz the nachos in a food processor, until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
9. Transfer to a bowl and stir through ½ tsp sweet paprika and 1 tbsp chopped parsley.
10. Season the fish fillets, place on a lined baking tray and top each with a handful of nacho crumb (pressing down slightly to compact the crumb).
11. Transfer to the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 mins, or until the fish is cooked through.
12. To prepare the tartar sauce
13. Combine the chopped jalapenos, brine, coriander, and sour cream in a bowl.
14. Add a squeeze of lime to taste, and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
15. To serve, transfer fish and chips to plates, with tartare sauce on the side. Great with a watercress salad.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.