This creamy Easy Sweet Potato & Apple Blender Soup recipe has quickly become one of my go-to lunches. It is vegan, dairy and gluten-free and can be prepared in as little as 15 minutes.
As it is getting colder outside, it’s time to switch to more warming and nourishing dishes like soups and stews. I like cooking with seasonal produce and the apple season has just begun.
By buying seasonal and local you ensure that the produce is as nutrient-rich and flavoursome as can be. You also do mother nature and your wallet a favour by reducing its carbon footprint. I do understand that this approach is not always practical but I try to apply it as much as I can.
– 1 onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 carrot
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 3 cups vegetable broth
– 2 cooked sweet potatoes cut into medium-sized chunks
– 1 apple peeled and cored
– 1/4 cup coconut milk
– 1/2 tsp dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1. Finely chop the onions, carrots and garlic and sweat them in a large saucepan for about two minutes.
2. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add uncooked sweet potatoes and apples, cover and reduce heat to medium.
3. Let the soup simmer until the sweet potatoes and apples are very tender, it should take about 10 minutes.
4. Now add the coconut milk and puree everything using an immersion blender.
5. Stir in the dried thyme and salt and pepper before garnishing with the fresh parsley.
Eva Burg is a German-born Nutrition and Health Coach and the voice, cook and photographer behind The Healthy Tart food blog. She loves cooking with organic products especially those that are seasonal and from local farmers.
Her recipes, which draw influences from all over the world are simple and healthy dishes with a focus on nutrition. On her blog, she offers a wide range of recipes that cater to special dietary requirements, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, vegetarian and vegan.