This Fingerling Spuds recipe from Chef Chad Byrne at The Brehon hotel in Killarney is the perfect addition to your January dinner menu. Made with crab and cottage cheese, what’s not to love.
– Fingerling potatoes, one per person
– Small tub of cottage cheese
– Drop of yuzu juice for some freshness
– Pickled red onion, chopped
– Spring onion, finely shredded
– Excellent quality fresh crab (best to avoid tinned crab for this recipe)
1. To make the pickled red onion, chop and season the onions with citric powder, salt and a splash of red wine vinegar. Leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
2. Season and wrap the potatoes in foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes until fork tender.
3. When spuds are soft, cut down the middle and add in the toppings – simple. Then Demolish!
Currently the Executive Head Chef at Danú Restaurant in The Brehon, Killarney, Chef Chad Byrne has extensive experience working in renowned establishments such as the Michelin Star restaurant Ristorante Semplice in London, the five star Heritage Golf & Spa Resort in Killenard, The Killarney Park Hotel and The Clarence and Merrion Hotel in Dublin.
Chad was awarded Irish Gastro Chef of the Year in 2012 along with a Gold Medal from Chef Ireland 2012 and has also represented Ireland in the culinary Olympics in Errfurt Germany. Danú Restaurant holds 2 AA Rosettes and Chad runs the kitchen with the ethos of food, focus and fun.