Flourless Brownie Recipe by Niamh Browne
Want a chocolate dessert that is tasty and healthy? Well then, this flourless brownie recipe is what you’re looking for!
– 225g dark chocolate, 72% cocoa solids
– 225g butter
– 4 free-range eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 225g coconut nectar
– 225g ground almonds
– Pinch of sea-salt
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
3. Melt the dark chocolate with the butter using a double boiler.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and coconut nectar together in a large bowl.
5. Once the dark chocolate and butter have melted to a smooth consistency, pour over the egg mix and whisk to combine.
6. Add the almonds and sea-salt and bring the mix together using a spatula.
7. Tip the mix into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Niamh is a chef and food stylist with a love of real food, grown and cooked simply. She first trained as a Nutritional Therapist at The Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health, and followed this with training as a chef at Ballymaloe Cookery School, Co. Cork.
Niamh’s recipes are a reflection of these experiences, inspired by seasonal food and always aiming to increase the nutritional content of every dish. This approach of adding nutrients, rather than simply cutting foods out, means you don’t have to deny yourself that little treat from time to time!