Flourless Chocolate Cake by Masterson’s Steakhouse & Wine Bar
The below recipe is Masterson’s signature Flourless Chocolate Cake. The perfect dessert for people of all ages and those with a gluten intolerance, this is sure to be a winner no matter the occasion.
– 300g dark chocolate
– 250g caster sugar
– 300g ground almonds
– 250g butter
– 5ml vanilla extract
– 6 free range eggs
1. Take two separate bowls. In the first bowl, melt your butter. In the second bowl, mix your almonds, caster sugar and dark chocolate.
2. Add your mixture to your melted butter and whisk until chocolate is completely dissolved.
3. Separate your egg yolks from the whites. Add egg yolks to the cake mix and whisk. Whisk your egg whites into soft peaks then fold into your mix.
4. Add your cake mix to a 12″ cake tin.
5. Put into a pre-heated oven of 170° and bake for 35 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before serving. Serve with Chantilly cream and raspberry coulis.
Masterson’s Steakhouse is a family rum Steakhouse and Wine Bar located in Main Street, Swords. It has a 1960’s interior with a sophisticated feel. Specialising in steak, they serve their signature “Monster Steak on the Stone” and sharing cuts of prime Hereford Irish beef. Masterson’s Steakhouse offer early bird and Á la Carte menus, as well as live Jazz brunch every Sunday.