One of Dublin’s best wine bars is hosting a Francophile event that combines great vins and French food at very reasonable prices. French Wine Evening is back at Piglet Wine Bar on Cow’s Lane, an event that celebrates the joie of l’apéro. Its first edition of 2018 will take place this Thursday 18th of January at 6:30 pm.
Short for apéritif, this traditional French ritual revolves around enjoying a drink and some finger food or small plates early in the evening. The event is co-hosted by French Friday, who co-organises several events in Dublin with a French twist including Bastille Day and Fanfare nights at The church.
Piglet Wine Bar will be offering a special menu for the French Wine Evening, aiming to offer the best of French food and wine at affordable prices. Below, a sample of the menu:
– Kir – Saucisson – Cheese: €9.50
– 3 French Cheeses – Glass of Bordeaux: €12.50
– Escargot Gratinee, Beurre a l’ail, Glass Jurancon Sec. €14.50
– Baked Cooleeney (Irish Camembert), W/ Honey and Thyme. Glass of Pinot Blanc €14.50
– Glass of Muscadet – ½ Dozen Oysters – Bread – Butter – Lemon: €17.50
– Beef Façon Bourguignonne – Glass of Red Wine: €18.50
– Cote de Bœuf, for 2, or a Big You. Sauteed Potatoes, Bearnaise. Angus Beef from Ron Lowle In Longford: €55.00
– Crème caramel – Glass of Moscato: €9.50
– Bowl of olives: €3.50
– Bowl of Marcona Almond: €3.50
Besides enjoying delicious sips and bites, this event offers a lovely opportunity to meet people and perhaps speak some French!
Want to visit Piglet Wine Bar at any other time? Check out the two great deals exclusively on TheTaste:
Share a Delightful Evening at Piglet Wine Bar: Cote De Boeuf, a Bottle of Wine and 2 Desserts for Two People for €60
More information: facebook.com