Fuel Up With Lily O’Brien’s Delicious Cherry, Pistachios And Chocolate Energy Bars Recipe
Winter is well and truly here and to put a pep in your step, check out the delicious Lily O’Brien’s Cherry, Pistachios and Chocolate Energy Bars recipe. Easy to make and perfect for a mid-morning boost or afternoon slump, Lily O’Brien’s energy bars made with our 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bags are filled with flavour and texture and will keep you fuelled this winter. Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Belgian Chocolates are available in the latest range of premium re-sealable Lily O’Brien’s Share Bags for €2.99
100g shelled pistachios
100g mixed seeds
250g rolled oats
8 medjool dates
120g glace cherries
60g of Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bag
100ml maple Syrup
4 tbsp smooth almond butter
Remainder of the Share Bag (for decoration)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin.
3. Chop the pistachios, then scatter over a baking sheet with the mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 minutes (careful not to burn), turning occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, roughly tear the dates, remove stones and roughly chop the cherries and chocolate drops.
5. Place the maple syrup, almond butter, dates and 150ml of water in a small saucepan over a low heat.
6. Slowly, heat for 10 minutes, mashing the dates with the back of your spoon, until you have a sticky sauce.
7. Tip all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate) into a large bowl along with the cherries and pour over the maple syrup mixture.
8. Coat everything in the sticky sauce before adding the dark chocolate chunks.
9. Stir to mix all the ingredients one final time.
10. Pour the mixture into the baking tin, using the back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
11. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
12. Melt more dark chocolate and drizzle over the top once cooled, then pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
13. Then cut into portions, and eat when desired.
Follow Lily O’Brien’s Chocolates on:
Find Lily O’Brien’s on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/LilyOBriens
Follow Lily O’Brien’s on Instagram @lilyobriens
Follow Lily O’Brien’s on Twitter @lilyobriens