Pancake Tuesday is just a few days away and Keelings has come up with the berry best ideas to inspire you on this delicious celebration.
To bring you fantastic and colourful pancakes, Keelings invited you to grab some blueberries and strawberries and to make a fruit face creation. Share it with the hashtag #FruitFaces and you will even be in with a chance to win great prizes!
Keelings berries offer the perfect combinations of colour, shape, and size to help bring your berry own special pancake to life.
So, roll up your sleeves and get whisking, and of course, a recipe might just come in handy too.
Keelings Berrylicious Pancakes Recipe
– 1 Punnet of Keelings blueberries
– 1 Punnet of Keelings strawberries
– 227 g Wholemeal flour
– 85 g Natural sugar (maple syrup or honey)
– 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
– 1 tsp Baking soda
– 1/2 tsp Salt
– 480 ml Buttermilk
– 110 g Margarine
– 2 Eggs
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk with eggs
3. Stir egg mixture into the flour mixture
4. Add melted margarine and blueberries, stir gently
5. Heat a pan over medium heat and pour 1/4 cup batter onto the pan
6. Cook until bubbles that appear on the surface begin to break and the bottom is golden
7. Flip pancake & cook until lightly golden
8. Serve and enjoy!
This Pancake Tuesday, Keelings are adding a bit more magic to the mix and will be visiting Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin with some fruity pancake treats.
And if all of that isn’t enough, Keelings will be on the look out for the best fruit faces. To be in with a chance of winning some brilliant prizes just upload a picture of your #FruitFaces to Keelings Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Keeling berries are available nationwide.
Check out keelings.ie for more delicious pancake recipes.