The perfect dish for those with a particular love for salmon, this glazed salmon, avocado and back garlic recipe by Chef Chad Byrne at The Brehon is a delicious addition to your own personal cookbook.
– 4 pieces of salmon, 100g each
– Drop of oil, to fry
– 60g soya sauce
– 10 specks chilli flake
– 10g sesame oil
– 1/2 lime, juiced
Black Garlic Guacamole
– 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
– 5g coriander
– 50g rape seed oil
– 2 cloves black garlic
– Drop of squid ink, seasoned to taste
Yuzu Sour Cream
– 10g Yuzu vinegar
– 80g sour cream
1. Marinate the salmon for 30 minutes. Pat dry and seal in hot pan with a little oil, 2 minutes on one side and leave the other side raw.
2. For the guacamole, mix the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
3. With the Yuzu sour cream, whisk the ingredients together until combined.
4. Wash the salsify, peel and deep fry at 160 until crisp and golden.
1. Smooth on avocado mix in a round spoon design.
2. Place salmon seared side up.
3. Quenelle the sour cream and add the salsify crisp.
4. Drizzle the herb oil and enjoy.
Currently the Executive Head Chef at Danú Restaurant in The Brehon, Killarney, Chef Chad Byrne has extensive experience working in renowned establishments such as the Michelin Star restaurant Ristorante Semplice in London, the five star Heritage Golf & Spa Resort in Killenard, The Killarney Park Hotel and The Clarence and Merrion Hotel in Dublin.
Chad was awarded Irish Gastro Chef of the Year in 2012 along with a Gold Medal from Chef Ireland 2012 and has also represented Ireland in the culinary Olympics in Errfurt Germany. Danú Restaurant holds 2 AA Rosettes and Chad runs the kitchen with the ethos of food, focus and fun.