Healthy Jammie Dodgers Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
Healthy Jammie Dodgers! Jammie Dodgers were one of my favourites as a kid and I can safely say that these do not disappoint! I’m loving this recipe at the moment! So quick and easy! If you don’t have time to make the jam in advance they are also great with a dollop of dark chocolate in the centre! This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and paleo.
For the Jammie Dodgers
– 1 1/4 cups of ground almonds
– 1/4 cup of almond butter
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 cup of agave
– 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
– 1/2 cup of chia jam
For the chia jam
– 250g raspberries
– 2 tbsp of chia seeds
– 2 tbsp of agave
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Make the chia jam
1. Rinse the raspberries in some cold water and strain them off, leaving a small bit of water on them.
2. Place in a sauce pan over a low heat for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften, stirring regularly.
3. Stir in the chia seeds and cook for a further minute or so before finally stirring in the agave and the vanilla.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before placing into a sterile container.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until set. This jam is best kept in the fridge and lasts for up to a week.
Make the Jammie Dodgers
1. Preheat your oven to 180°c/360°F.
2. Add all of your ingredients to your mixer and mix until combined.
3. Taking about 1/2 a tbsp of the mixture at a time, roll it into a little ball, place on your cookie sheet and press down with the back of your hand, then using your thumb make the indent for the Jammie Dodger.
4. Repeat until all of your your dough has been shaped into cookies.
5. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
6. Once they are out of the oven leave to cool on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before placing on a wire rack and allow to cool fully before spooning the jam into the hollow of each biscuit.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”66852, 51947, 61343, 66818″]