These chicken kievs are the perfect healthy alternative to a popular family favourite!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
– 3 large chicken breasts
– 4 tbsp grass fed butter (you can sub for ghee or coconut oil)
– 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped (you can sub for 1/2 tsp of dried parsley)
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup almond flour
–1/2 cup ground almonds
– 1 egg, beaten
– Pinch of coarse salt
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c/390°F.
2. In a small bowl combine the butter, parsley and garlic into a paste.
3. To make the pockets in the chicken breast, place the chicken breast on its side and insert your knife into the side of the chicken breast, cutting into the breast. Be careful not to cut the whole way through!
4. Fill the pockets with the garlic butter mix.
5. Taking one chicken breast at a time, dip them into the almond flour, then the egg and finally the ground almonds with a pinch of coarse salt.
6. Place the chicken kievs on a baking tray.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!