A rack of lamb recipe with a hot cross bun-crust – you heard it here first. A quirky use of two of the season’s favourites, this will certainly be a talking point at your table this bank holiday weekend.
– 2 lamb racks
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– 2 luxury hot cross buns, blended into rough crumbs
– 40g unsalted butter, softened
– 30g Parmesan, finely grated
– ½ pack parsley, finely chopped
– 1 lemon, zest only
– Pinch salt
– 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– ½ tin anchovies
– 2 tbsp capers
– 1 lemon, juice only
– 1 pack fresh parsley, finely chopped
– 1 pack fresh mint, finely chopped
– 200g purple sprouting broccoli to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly oil and season the lamb racks.
2. Mix the bun crust ingredients and press onto the lamb racks.
3. Roast for 12-15 minutes and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the chopped shallots and olive oil into a small saucepan and cook until soft and sweet.
5. Add the anchovies, capers and lemon juice and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Stir the chopped herbs through.
6. Serve the lamb with steamed purple sprouting broccoli dressed with salsa verde; add extra salsa verde on the side.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.