Both sweet and savoury, this M&S Hot Cross Bun French Toast Recipe with honey-roasted figs is perfect for Easter.
– 4 ripe figs
– 1 tbsp runny honey
– 2 eggs
– 75ml whole milk
– 2 St Clement’s hot cross buns
– 1 tbsp unsalted butter
– Icing sugar
– Crème fraîche
– Quarter the ripe figs.
– Halve the St Clement’s hot cross buns
1. Quarter the ripe figs. Halve the St Clement’s hot cross buns
2. Place the figs skin-side down in a baking dish and drizzle over the honey. Roast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the figs start to soften.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
4. Put the hot cross bun halves in a shallow dish, and pour over the egg mixture. Leave to soak for a minute, then turn the buns over and soak for 1 minute more.
5. Put the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
6. When it starts to foam, place the buns in the pan.
7. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
8. Transfer to 2 plates.
9. Dust with icing sugar, then top with the figs, a dollop of crème fraîche and a drizzle of honey.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.