To tie into this year’s theme, Gusto d’Italia, I really wanted to use one of my favourite fruits of all time, the melon. Besides its delicious summery taste, it also reminds me of my Mamma, who always selected the tastiest melon. We would often eat melon with prosciutto as a starter or in a fruit salad with mint at the end of the meal.
Peroni Nastro Azzuro is at the heart of this infusion, as its refreshing elements pair perfectly with mint and melon – Federico Riezzo, global brand ambassador for Peroni.
Name: Peroni Parma
– 100ml Peroni Nastro Azzuro
– 20ml gin
– 15ml lemon juice
– A dash of egg white
– 40ml melon and mint puree
1. Pour all ingredients, except the Peroni Nastro Azzuro, into a shaker and shake vigorously.
2. Add the Peroni Nastro Azzuro and stir gently.
3. Garnish with melon and crispy Parma ham.
GARNISH: Melon and crispy Parma ham
TASTING NOTES: The Peroni Parma is an accomplished drink; a melon sour with Peroni Nastro Azzuro as the main ingredient. Peroni Nastro Azzuro balances the fruitiness of the melon, the freshness of the mint and the sour notes of lemon juice. Peroni Nastro Azzuro brings an effervescence to this infusion, balancing its bitterness.