Enjoy the wonders of fine Earl Grey in a delightful gin cocktail with a combination of citrus, herbal and floral flavours.
– 50ml Earl Grey infused gin
– 15ml lavender syrup
– 20ml lemon
– Rosemary sprig and lemon zest garnish
1. For the tea gin: infuse the fonte Earl Grey teabag in 50ml of gin, I used bathtub gin because it is robust enough to carry the tea flavour and not get lost in the process. Steep for at least 15 mins.
2. For lavender syrup: mix 2 parts sugar to 1 part boiling water until a clear liquid is formed. Add a handful of lavender, fresh or dried, and allow to infuse for at least an hour.
3. The lavender is strong so strain the mixture after the desired flavour is reached.
4. Add tea gin, lavender syrup, and lemon to shaker, add ice and shake until chilled. Fine strain into a teacup. Add rosemary garnish and lemon zest. If you have a kitchen blowtorch you can light the rosemary so it burns and starts smoking, releasing an earthy aroma.
More information: fontecoffeeireland.com