Entries are now being accepted for this year’s Irish Whiskey Awards, which will take place in the Tullamore Distillery, Bury Quay, Tullamore, Co. Offaly on Thursday 20th October. This will be the award’s fourth edition and features 20 categories. The closing date for all entries is Thursday 11th August and details on how to enter are on www.irishwhiskeyawards.com
Members of the Celtic Whiskey Club and the Irish Whiskey Society will judge all whiskeys over three sessions of blind tastings. Members of the trade will be judge white spirit categories (Gin, Vodka & Poitin).
The categories for this year are as follows:
1. Irish Whiskey of the Year
2. Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey
3. Irish Single Malt Whiskey (12 Years & Younger)
4. Single Malt Whiskey (13 Years & Older)
5. Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of less than €60)
6. Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of €60 or more)
7. Irish Single Cask Whiskey
8. Irish Cask Strength Whiskey
9. Irish Single Grain Whiskey
10. Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Leinster)
11. Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Munster)
12. Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Connaught)
13. Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Ulster)
14. Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (International)
15. Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Overall Winner)
16. Irish Poitin
17. Irish Liqueur
18. Irish Gin
19. Irish Vodka
20. Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged Irish Craft Beer
A tour of the new state of the art distillery at 6:00 pm will be followed by a drinks reception and awards ceremony in the Old Distillery building from 7:00 pm on the 20th of October 2016.
Tickets including transport cost €40 each and charity partner Mary’s Meals will benefit from the evening.
Visit www.irishwhiskeyawards.com for more details.