The Winners at The Irish Whiskey Awards 2018 Have Been Announced
Last night Irish whiskey distillers and producers joined together in celebration at the Irish Whiskey Awards 2018. The event was held at the iconic Slane Distillery in Co.Meath.
The evening of celebration began with a tour of the new state of the art distillery, hosted by Alex Conyngham and his father, Lord Henry Mountcharles, Irish Whiskey Co-Founders.
The overall winners on the night were, Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength, who won Best Irish Whiskey of the Year and Dick Mack’s in Dingle who walked away with the award for Best Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year.
Throughout the ceremony, keynote speaker John Quinn, Global Brand Ambassador for the Tullamore D.E.W Distillery, presented the prestigious awards to winners. The past year has seen incredible growth within the Irish whiskey market with the awards highlighting this.
The Irish Whiskey Awards, founded by The Celtic Whiskey Shop, are now in their sixth year and recognise excellence in Irish distillery and production. Managing Director, Ally Alpine spoke at the event: “The Irish Whiskey Awards has become such an important date in the Irish events calendar and we’re delighted to run it to raise funds for the very deserving charity Mary’s Meals.”
The selected whiskeys are judged in over twenty categories, with blind tastings of each blend by members of the Celtic Whiskey Club, Irish Whiskey Society, and Cork Whiskey Society.
Winners on the evening included:
– Best Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey – Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy
– Best Irish Single Malt Whiskey (12 Years & Younger) – Tyrconnell 10 Year Old Port Finish
– Best Irish Single Malt Whiskey (13 Years & Older) – J.J. Corry The Flintloch 16-Year-Old
– Best Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of less than €60) – Teeling Small Batch
– Best Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of €60 or more) – Jameson 18 Year Old Bow Street
– Best Irish Single Cask Whiskey – The Irishman Founder’s Reserve Caribbean Cask Finish
– Best Irish Cask Strength Whiskey – Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength
– Best Irish Single Grain Whiskey – Kilbeggan Single Grain
– Best New Irish Whiskey – Dingle Single Malt Batch 3
For more information log onto irishwhiskeyawards.com