Kenwood is set to supercharge the already raging spiralizing trend with the launch of the Ireland’s first Electric Spiralizer (€69.99). Whether you’re substituting spaghetti, sprucing up a stir fry or adding substance to soups and salads, Kenwood’s Electric Spiralizer can now make light work of the task in no time at all.
From courgettes and cucumbers to beetroot and broccoli, the Kenwood Spiralizer can turn a wide range of vegetables, and even hard fruits into a variety of spirals, noodles and ribbons, making it the perfect tool for clean, delicious, creative cooking. With the choice of the Pappardelle Cutting Cone to create thick ribbons or Spaghetti Cutting Cone to create thin vegetable style noodles, the electric spiralizer ensures you and your family can enjoy healthier meals altogether.
Mess free and quick and easy to use and clean, the Kenwood electric Spiralizer not only makes your workload lighter, but can also make recipes feel lighter too. Spiralized vegetables offer a deliciously healthy, low calorie alternative to carb heavy noodles and pasta, whilst still remaining tasty and filling.
Why not try Kenwood’s delicious Thai In-spiralized Salad recipe…
2 as a main/ 4 as a side
– ½ (30cm) mooli (daikon) radish
– 2 cucumber
– ½ mango
– 4 spring onion
– 2cm ginger
– 1 stick lemongrass
– 1-2 thai chilli
– 2 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
– ½ tsp fish sauce (optional)
– 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
– 1 tsp agave syrup
– Seasoning to taste
– 4 tsp sesame seeds
– 4 tbsp dried shrimp (optional)
– 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1. Fit the Linguine Blade to the Kenwood Spiralizer.
2. Peel the mooli radish and the mango; ensure the mango has been de-stoned.
3. Cut the mango into small cubes.
4. Chop the spring onions.
5. Trim the top and bottom off the cucumbers and cut them along with the mooli to fit down the feed tube.
6. One at a time, attach the cucumbers and mooli to the blade end of the pusher.
7. For each vegetable, place the pusher in the food tube ensuring the groove on the pusher aligns with the rib in the feed tube.
8. Switch on the Spiralizer and hold the pusher in position to guide the food down the feed tube.
9. Place the spiralized vegetables in a large salad bowl with the mango and chopped spring onions.
For the dressing
1. Peel and finely chop the ginger and lemongrass.
2. Deseed and destalk the chilli, then finely chop.
3. Add all the ingredients to a jug or small bowl.
4. Mix the ingredients together with a fork, until fully combined.
1. Toss the prepared salad in the dressing and the sesame seeds.
2. Sprinkle the dried shrimp and chopped coriander over the top.
The Kenwood Electric Spiralizer retails at €69.99 and will be available from www.kenwoodworld.ie and retailers nationwide.