Lamb Burger Recipe From Chef Kevin Curran From The Keadeen Hotel
This recipe for the Ultimate Lamb Burger Recipe was created by Chef Kevin Curran from The Keadeen Hotel.
– 1lb Lamb Mince
– 1 Shallot, Finely Diced
– ½ Clove of Garlic, Minced
– 1 Sprig Rosemary, Chopped
– 4 Onion Rings
– 2 Pieces of Kos Lettuce
– 2 Spoons Burger Relish
– 2 Cooked Streaky Rashers
– 4 Eggs
– ½ Pint Milk
– 2 Sesame Seeded Burger Buns
– 2oz Plain Flour
– 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
– 2 Slices White Cheddar
– Salt & Pepper
– ½ Pint Oil
1. Pre Heat oven to 170°
2. Place Lamb Mince, Shallot, Egg, Garlic, Worcestershire Sauce & Chopped Rosemary in a bowl & mix with your hand until it kneads together.
3. Break into 2 balls, flatten out and shape.
4. Fry on pan for 5 minutes each side until you have good colour. Remove onto tray and put in oven. They should take approx. 15-20 minutes.
5. Put small pot on range with half pint of oil, always checking.
6. Break 2 eggs & add to milk & whisk. Add Flour & whisk until it forms a creamy batter consistency.
7. Dust Onion Rings in Flour and dip in Batter shaking off any excess. Carefully drop into hot oil. When brown on one side, turn over and cook for a further 1 minute.
8. Toast Burger Buns.
9. Put toasted Burger Buns on tray, on base put Relish and on the top of the bun put Cheese & Bacon, return tray to oven for 1 minute.
To plate up
1. Heat 2 plates in the oven.
2. Place Burger on base & put on Kos Lettuce Leaf, place Onion Ring on the Lettuce then place the top of the bun on top.
3. For presentation, put a steak knife through the Bun & Burger.
Kevin’s first steps in cooking came when he was just 14 when he started working in The Loft Restaurant in Bunratty, but his real education came from Roger Porrott, the owner of Gooser’s Bar & Restaurant in Lough Derg.
Having trained at RTC Galway, Kevin worked in Germany before returning to Ireland to take up a position in McGrattan’s of the Lane in Dublin.
Kevin has been working in Keadeen Hotel since 2011, and the recent development works to the Saddler’s Bar & Bistro and the Bay Leaf Restaurant has injected a new lease of life into the dining experience at the well- known Kildare hotel.