Neven Maguire created this Griddled Connemara Hill Lamb Chops Recipe with Courgette and Lemon using Connemara Hill Lamb Chops from the Simply Better Collection, sourced exclusively for Dunnes Stores.
The recipe features in the new edition of the Simply Better COOK with Neven Maguire Magazine, which is bursting with a range of Neven’s favourite lamb recipes that take advantage of the best ingredients from the award winning Simply Better collection.
Pick up a free copy at your nearest Dunnes Stores to check out the full range of recipes and share your recreations using the hashtag #COOKwithNeven.
– 8 Simply Better Connemara Hill Lamb Fresh Irish Centre Loin Lamb Chops
– 2 tbsp Simply Better Sicilian DOP Val Di Mazara Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 tsp Simply Better Spanish Orange Blossom Honey
– 100g Simply Better Irish Handmade Ardsallagh Goat’s Cheese
– Simply Better Wild Atlantic Sea Salt with organic herbs
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
– 4 small courgettes, sliced on the diagonal
– 450g baby new potatoes
– Few springs of fresh mint
– 4 lemon wedges
– Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together the garlic, oil, honey, oregano and seasoning in a shallow non-metallic dish. Add the lamb chops and courgette slices and mix until evenly combined. Set aside for 10 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop.
2. Meanwhile, place the new potatoes in a steamer with the mint sprigs on top and cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Add the lamb chops and courgette slices and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the lamb is cooked to your liking and the courgettes are tender and nicely marked. Add the lemon wedges to the griddle for a minute or two, until nicely charred.
4. Arrange the lamb chops on warmed plates with the courgettes and lemon wedges. Add the steamed new potatoes and dollop of the Ardsallagh goat’s cheese. Give a good grinding of black pepper to each one to serve.