European lamb is among the best in the world and is known for its delicious natural flavour, which compliments a whole array of traditional and global dishes. Whether lightly seasoned to let its rich, natural flavour shine through or kicked up a notch with a spice rub, lamb is a versatile ingredient and a natural, local choice for Irish consumers.
With a wide variety of delicious cuts to choose from, lamb is suitable for a range of preparations and cooking styles. These meatballs with Thai-inspired sauce from #LambTryItLoveIt not only offer a fresh twist on classic meatballs, but also feature quick-cooking lamb mince, making this a perfect meal for feeding a hungry family or planning for leftovers. Mix up your mid-week meal repertoire with this unique twist on the tried-and-tested meatball.
Serves 4 to 6 people
– 400g minced lamb
– 4 to 6 spring onions
– 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
– 1 tbsp chopped mint
– 1 lime
– Salt and pepper
– Sweet chilli sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas 4 or 180°C / 360°F
2. Place the minced lamb in a dish. Add the spring onions chopped very finely, some grated zest from the lime (about 1 tsp), the mint, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients
3. Roll into small balls and place them on an oven tray covered with greaseproof paper. Cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Serve either hot or cold as a snack, with sweet chilli sauce to dip. Decorate with lime wedges.
Tip: you can also serve these little meatballs as a starter, with a salad.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Try It, Love It Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.facebook.com/TryLamb a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST IN CONJUNCTION WITH BORD BIA TO HELP PROMOTE #LAMBTRYITLOVEIT, A CAMPAIGN HIGHLIGHTING THE BENEFITS OF COOKING WITH EUROPEAN LAMB. FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION, VISIT TRYLAMB.IE OR FOLLOW @TRYLAMB ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.