Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines. From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
This Lamb Cutlets Recipe is the perfect family meal and it is quick and easy to make! Give your everyday meals an exciting twist and check out www.tastyeasylamb.ie for recipe inspiration.
This lamb pides recipe is like a tradtional Turkish pizza treat – travel with your tastebuds!
– 300g minced lamb
– 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
– 1 red or green pepper, finely chopped
– 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
– 2 tablesp. tomato purée
– 1 teasp. ras el hanout
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2 pizza bases (2 x 260g)
– 1 egg
– 2 tablesp. pine nuts
– 200g creamy Greek-style yogurt
– 1 tablesp. lemon juice
– 3 tablesp. chopped fresh mint
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F) and remove the oven rack.
2. Combine the onion, pepper and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the minced lamb, tomato purée and ras el hanout. Season with salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients thoroughly until smooth; divide into 4.
3. Lay the pizza bases on greaseproof paper. Roll out the pizza bases (if not already rolled out) and cut them in two, leaving them on the greaseproof paper. Brush the edges with a little beaten egg and spread the filling lengthwise, leaving the edges free. Fold the edges slightly inwards and shape the ends into points. Brush them again with beaten egg. Sprinkle the filling with pine nuts and slide everything (pides + paper) onto the oven rack.
4. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of chopped mint, salt and pepper. Depending on your preference, optionally add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Serve the pides hot, sprinkled with chopped mint, along with the yoghurt dressing and a salad.
Tip: this delicious Turkish speciality, which is perfect for sharing, is also an ideal finger food.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Tasty, Easy, Fun Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.