Lemon & Crunchie Honeycomb Pots Recipe by Sheila Kiely
This is a dessert for the time-pressed cheesecake lover – the kind of person who doesn’t prepare things the night before and doesn’t like to wait while things set or bake. This can be served immediately or chilled in the fridge if prepared ahead of time. If you can get hold of some small glass jars or ramekins for serving, you’ll get the wow factor of being able to see the layers from the side.
– 3 x Cadbury Crunchie bars (half a Crunchie bar per pot)
– 250g mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
– 1 tbsp icing sugar
– 1 tbsp runny honey
– ½ tsp lemon juice
– 350ml freshly whipped cream
– Toasted hazelnuts, to decorate
– Lemon zest and slices, to decorate
1. Place the Crunchie bars in a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they’re crumbled.
2. Mix the cheese, icing sugar, honey and lemon juice in a large bowl, then gently fold in the whipped cream.
3. Assemble your cheesecake pots by scattering a layer of Crunchie crumbs into the base of six small glass jars, then a layer of lemon and honey mascarpone. Repeat the layers up to the top of the jar.
4. Bash some toasted hazelnuts and scatter them on top. Add a little lemon zest and half a lemon slice on the side of the pot to decorate
Enjoy! is Sheila Kiely’s second book. Sheila Kiely runs a Food Safety Management Consultancy with her husband. They have six children and live in Cork. Sheilas blog; www.gimmetherecipe.com, is widely read and she is the new name to watch in the foodie blogosphere.
Families, like time, move on and the recipes in Enjoy! will please children who are becoming more adventurous and grown-up. This is a cookbook for the whole family, meaning that no one has to compromise on flavour or time. A great new collection, complete with photographs so that you can see exactly what you’re aiming for. Recipes include caramelised red onion soda bread; red massaman chicken; cheat’s wellington with Jameson jus; harissa pork chops; pea and mint bulghur wheat salad; cranberry, macadamia and chocolate chip flapjacks; and rhubarb and custard cheesecake.
Enjoy! by Sheila Kiely is published by Mercier Press, and available to buy on www.mercierpress.ie/irish-books/enjoy