Maple Glazed Duck Recipe by The Wonky Spatula with Wine Pairing
I absolutely adore duck – it’s one of my favourite meats! This recipe is full of flavour with very little effort needed in the kitchen, sit back and relax while it looks after itself!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
– 1 duck (1.5-2kg)
– Juice and zest of 2 oranges
– 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup of maple syrup
– 1 tbsp dried thyme
– 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 1 whole orange
1. Preheat your oven to 190°c.
2. In a small saucepan combine the orange zest, juice, maple syrup, balsamic, thyme and garlic.
3. Place over a low heat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Prick the skin of the duck all over and place breast up on a wire cooking rack.
5. Slice the orange and place in the cavity of the duck.
6. Baste the duck with 1/2 of the marinade and place in the oven for 60 minutes per kg and 20 mins over, basting every 10-15 minutes until the marinade runs out.
7. Once the duck is fully cooked allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving and enjoy!
WINE PAIRING…BY SUZANNE REDMOND
Our recommended Wine Pairing for this Recipe
Château Mont-Redon Lirac Red €19.99 now €17.99
Grenache, Syrah & Mourvèdre 2012
On the nose this wine delivers aromas of wild strawberries, ripe bramble fruits, and earthy peppery tones. It has all the wild aromas from a walk in the forest.
The palate of this wine sings with vibrancy with all the stunning aromas from the nose popping onto the palate. The wild berries notes stay until the end.
The quality of this wine speaks for itself and it will pair beautifully with the juicy duck. The fresh wild fruits will match with the gamey flavours of the meat whilst balancing with the citrus twist of the orange.
Available from O’Brien’s Wines Nationwide or Online.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE BY THE WONKY SPATULA[/su_note]
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/TheWonkySpatula” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#171c83″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: facebook-square” icon_color=”#ffffff”]The Wonky Spatula[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://twitter.com/thewonkyspatula” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#3173c2″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter-square” icon_color=”#ffffff”]The Wonky Spatula[/su_button]