This maple syrup French Toast recipe is a tasty and fun breakfast idea and coming from Eat Well Everyday you can be assured that is a healthy breakfast.
– 2 tbsp chia seeds
– 250 g strawberries, hulled
–2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 free-range egg
– 50 ml unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp coconut oil
– 4 slices of sourdough or rye bread
– 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1. Begin by grinding the chia seeds in a small food processor for a few minutes until fine.
2. Add the strawberries and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and blitz for a further minute.
3. Place a saucepan over a medium heat, add the strawberry mixture and cook for 5–7 minutes, until thickened and jammy, stirring often.
4. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
5. Meanwhile, crack the egg into a large shallow bowl.
6. Add the almond milk, cinnamon and remaining tablespoon of maple syrup and whisk.
7. Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat until melted.
8. Coat each slice of bread on both sides in the egg mixture, then add to the pan; you may need to do this in batches.
9. Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden and crispy, and serve topped with a spoonful of Greek yogurt and the strawberry chia jam.
To buy this book visit www.amazon.co.uk