This marsala plums recipe is a traditional Italian dessert, simple but delicious. I have tried plums with mascarpone, vanilla and pistachio ice cream, but plums and cream are the supreme combination.
– 1kg plums, halved and stones removed
– 200g caster sugar
– 250ml good Marsala dessert wine
– 250ml fresh cream
– fresh mint sprigs, to decorate
1. Simmer the plums, sugar and Marsala in a saucepan on a medium heat for 20 minutes, until the plums are soft and the sauce is nice and syrupy.
2. Meanwhile, whip the cream in a mixing bowl just until soft peaks form.
3. Remove the plums with a slotted spoon and divide between six dessert glasses. Spoon over the juices from the pan and serve with a good dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint to decorate.
4. If you like, you can grate dark chocolate shavings or sprinkle toasted almond flakes on top.
To buy your copy visit www.gillmacmillanbooks.ie.