Matcha Crepes Recipe by Soulful and Healthy, a bit of green pride here with this fun recipe, ready for pancake Tuesday and St. Patrick’s celebrations. Matcha is a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. We love tea here at TheTaste.ie and panacakes or crepes for breakfast or brunch even more!
− 1 cup plain flour – 125 grams
− 2 eggs
− 200 ml milk of choice
− ¼ tsp salt
− 2 tbsp melted butter
− 2 tsp organic Matcha powder
− Pure honey to serve
− Fresh berries to serve
1. In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients (except matcha), using a wire whisk mix well so
there are no lumps.
2. Using a sieve sift the matcha powder, again mix well using a wire whisk.
3. Heat a crepe pan or a non-stick pan, add half tsp of melted butter, using a ladle pour the batter on to a pan and tilt the pan so it spreads evenly.
4. Let it cook for two mins on one side then flip and cook on the other side too.
5. Serve drizzled with pure honey and fresh berries of choice.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.