This Matcha Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe By Soulful and Healthy, are the perfect snack with that cup of tea in the afternoon or a cheeky breakfast/brunch option, after all, organic matcha powder is so good for you, right? There is nothing wrong about starting your day with one of these gorgeous cookies by Shilpa Razniewska.
(Makes 10 – 12 cookies)
− 100 grams unsalted butter softened
− 75 grams dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
− 1 egg
− 1 tsp vanilla extract
− 1/2 tsp salt
− 1 tbsp milk of choice
− 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour (170 grams)
− 50 grams dark chocolate chips
− 1 and 1/2 tbsp Organic matcha powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter and brown sugar until soft and creamy for about one to two mins using a hand mixer or or using a wooden spoon by hand.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for one minute.
4. Now add the flour, baking soda, salt and matcha powder and mix well until all nicely combined, do not over mix.
5. Now add the chocolate chips and using a spatula mix the chocolate chips into the mixture.
6. Take a tablespoon of the mixture in your hand and make a ball, press down on the baking tray. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 to 18 mins. Keep an eye on it, each oven heating may vary.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.