This Mexican Sweet Potato Recipe is part of Max Lowery’s new cookbook The 2 Meal day.
Sweet potato is the perfect post-workout food. Not only is it a good source of carbohydrate to replenish glycogen stores after exercise, it also contains high amounts of vitamin A which helps your immune system to fight of infections as well as contributing to healthy skin.
– 1 sweet potato
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 large avocado, peeled and stoned
– Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– A handful of coriander, leaves roughly chopped
– 1 small red onion, finely chopped
– 200g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
2. Coat the sweet potato with the oil, then roast for 45 minutes or until tender all the way through.
3. Meanwhile, mash the avocado with the lime juice in a small bowl, then stir in the chilli, tomatoes, coriander and onion.
4. Cut the sweet potato in half and top with the beans and guacamole. Serve with lime wedges.
Max Lowery is a personal trainer and online health coach who trains many high-profile celebrity clients, influencers and tastemakers, including some of the world’s top models. In The 2-Meal Day, Max Lowery introduces intermittent fasting – eat just two meals a day, either breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner – to burn fat and get fit fast.
Ditch the calorie-counting and the sugar highs and lows and enjoy two meals a day alongside Max’s workouts for a leaner, fitter, healthier body.
The 2 Meal Day by Max Lowery is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Kate Whitaker and Michelle Beatty.