Following last year’s first ever live ceremony announcement of The Michelin Guide UK & Ireland at the Savoy London, the full list of 2018 Michelin star winners and retainers has today been revealed at a glamorous live event at The Brewery.
In a ringing endorsement of Irish food, we now have a new Michelin Star restaurant in Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare, having also gained a new one star venue last year in Blackrock’s Heron and Grey.
The Wild Honey Inn has been elevated from a Michelin Bib Gourmand to a One Michelin Star venue and is the first pub in Ireland to receive a star. Congratulations to Chef Aidan McGrath for attaining a star for his “confident and robust” cooking, which he describes as Bistronomy.
If you manage to get a table, expect to be rewarded with rustic dishes composed of the best ingredients The Burren has to offer. McGrath runs the celebrated restaurant with his partner Kate Sweeney, and the menu showcases ‘Ireland’s Natural Larder’, locally sourced from the land and sea.
The guide will be published and available to purchase from Thursday 5th October.
– Heron & Grey
– The Greenhouse
– Chapter One
– Lady Helen at Mount Juliet
– Eipic @ Deanes
– House Restaurant at Cliff House Hotel
– The Wild Honey Inn
– Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud
The Bib Gourmand awards, which recognise “good quality, good value cooking” were also announced, with all of 2017’s winners retaining their Bib.
8 new additions to the list were announced last week, with four new Bib Gourmands in Dublin city, one in Clare, one in Galway, one in Belfast and one in Kildare.
New Bib Gourmands
– Noble, Holywood, Belfast
– Bastible, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
– Forest & Marcy, Leeson Street, Dublin 2
– Craft, Harold’s Cross, Dublin 6W
– Richmond, Richmond Street, Dublin 2
– TwoCooks, Sallins, Co. Kildare
– Morrisseys, Doonbeg, Co. Clare
– Kai, Galway
The restaurants across the country retaining their Bib Gourmands in 2018 are as follows:
– Wine and Brine, Moira, Co. Armagh
– Adare 1826, Adare, Co. Limerick
– Pichet, Dublin 2
– Pigs Ear, Dublin 2
– Etto, Dubin 2
– Delahunt, Dublin 2
– The Pigeon House, Clontarf, Co. Dublin
– The Copper Hen, Tramore, Co. Waterford
– The Courthouse, Monaghan
– Sha-Roe Bistro, Carlow
– The Chart House, Dingle
– Aldridge Lodge, Wexford
– Giovannelli, Kerry
– Bastion, Kinsale, Co. Kerry
– Fontana, Down
– Old Schoolhouse Inn, Down
– Bar + Grill at James Street South, Belfast
– Deanes @ Queens, Belfast
– Home, Belfast