Middle Eastern Style Baby Rainbow Carrot Recipe from M&S
M&S Baby Rainbow Carrots make the perfect colourful autumn accompaniment, coming in shades of purple, yellow, pink and orange.
Grown in fields on the beautiful Moray coast of Scotland near the Grampian Mountains, the long daylight hours in the summer and pure Highland water result in sweet, crunchy carrots. The soil is light and sandy which helps to shape the carrots and means the skin is fine enough to wash rather than peel before cooking.
Delicious raw, roasted or steamed, the carrots can be used to create a variety of dishes – just like this simple Middle Eastern style recipe:
– Soak a pinch of saffron in 1 tbsp hot water
– Roast 200g whole carrots in 1 tbsp oil at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 20 minutes
– In a heatproof bowl, cover 100g couscous in 150ml boiling water
– Add the saffron (with its water), cover and let it stand for 10 minutes
– Fluff up with a fork, then add 1 tsp ground cumin, 2 tbsp harissa paste, handful raisins and chopped coriander and 2 handfuls flaked, toasted almonds
– Serve with the carrots and a drizzle of natural yogurt
Baby Rainbow Carrots are available in M&s stores now, €3.00 for 200g. For more cooking inspiration see the gallery below:
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie