Chocolate biscuit cake is decorated with Siúcra Rollout Icing Sugar to give it a festive twist in this delicious recipe that is sure to satisfy chocoholics this Christmas. Easy to make, these bite-sized pudding treats require no baking and will add a sweet end to any meal.
– Siúcra Rollout Icing Sugar
– Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 50g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 100g dark chocolate
– 100g milk chocolate
– 150g unsalted butter
– 30g cocoa
– 115g golden syrup
– 200g digestive biscuits broken into small pieces
– Red & green icing colour
Required: 12 hole muffin tray
1. Put a small strip of parchment paper into each hole of the muffin tray. This will allow you to lift out the cakes once they have set.
2. Melt the butter, chocolate, golden syrup, cocoa and Siúcra Caster Sugar over a very gentle heat.
3. Keep stirring until it has all melted.
4. Pour over the broken biscuits and mix well.
5. Spoon into the holes of the muffin tray and press with the back of a spoon into the corners and leave in the fridge to set.
6. Break off some of the white Siúcra Rollout Icing Sugar and knead until it softens.
7. Dust your work surface with Siúcra Icing Sugar.
8. Roll the Siúcra Rollout Icing Sugar out to a thin layer.
9. Cut out 8 splat shapes to go over the puddings. Carefully lift each splat onto each pudding.
10. Tear off two more pieces of Siúcra Rollout Icing Sugar and colour one piece green for the holly leaves and the other red for the holly berries. To colour the icing put a small amount of colour onto the white icing and knead it in until it is well combined and there are no streaks left. (You may want to wear gloves when doing this.) Add more colour if necessary.
12. Cut out holly leaf shapes and roll out some red berries and place on top of the splats.