These Mini Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecakes are super easy to bake and have all the comfort of a lemon meringue pie. Nostalgia at its best
– 200g digestive biscuits
– 6 tbsp melted butter
– 115g caster sugar
– 400g cream cheese
– 2 tbsp sour cream
– 1/4tsp salt
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 tsp lemon zest
– 1 egg
– 2 egg whites
– 115g caster sugar
– 1/8 tsp cream of tartar or 3-4 drops of lemon juice
– 1/2tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
2. Pop some cupcake liners into a cupcake tin.
3. In a food mixer combine all the crust ingredients & divide between cupcake cases. Press down so that it is even.
4. Bake for 5 mins.
5. Decrease oven temp to 160c/325f.
6. In a bowl , beat the cream cheese and sugar. Mix in the sour cream, lemon juice & zest. Lastly add the egg, beating gently.
7. Using an ice-cream scoop. Add one heaped scoop to each cup case.
8. Bake for 15-18mins. Leave to cool in the cupcake tin till they reach room temp, then place in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
1. Add egg whites, sugar cream of tartar (lemon juice) together in a metal or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water until sugar melted and the white mixture is warmed through.
2. Remove from heat and beat with an electric mixer until egg whites are stiff and shiny (takes about 5-7mins). Add in the vanilla.
3. Remove the cheesecakes form fridge
4. Transfer the meringue to a piping bag and pipe a swirl onto each cheesecake. If you have a kitchen blow torch lightly brown the top, or place the cheesecakes under a very hot grill and brown the tops. Be careful not to burn the tops, it will take about 40-50 seconds.
– Keep any remainders in the fridge
Hi I’m Karyn. I’m a mum, blogger and lover of everything to do with baking. I try to come up with easy recipes that everyone can bake. I’ve won a few baking awards and even appeared on TV! I’m mostly found in my kitchen surrounded by flour and baking books. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on some of my Baking Adventures.