Miso Soup Recipe with Noodles and Shiitake Mushrooms from The Solo Food Cookbook
This Miso Soup Recipe with Noodles and Shiitake Mushrooms is from The Solo Food Cookbook by Janneke Vreugdenhil. This recipe is perfect for lunch and is quick and easy to make.
– 100g Japanese ramen (or other noodles)
– 1 egg
– 300 ml vegetable stock (from a cube)
– 100 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1 scant tbsp red miso paste soy sauce, to taste
– A small handful of spinach leaves
– ½ sheet of nori, cut into ribbons with scissors or a knife
1. Prepare the ramen according to the packet instructions.
2. Soft-boil the egg in a pan of boiling water for 4–5 minutes.
3. Plunge the egg straight into a bowl of cold water to stop it cooking and leave until cool enough to handle. Once cool, peel and cut in half.
4. Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in a small saucepan, add the shiitakes and boil for 1 minute.
5. Put the miso in a bowl, stir in a small splash of the hot stock, then add this to the saucepan. Turn off the heat and stir in soy sauce to taste.
6. Place the noodles, spinach and the egg halves into a bowl, and pour over the stock and mushrooms. Garnish with nori ribbons to serve.
Solo Food is the first cookbook that celebrates cooking for yourself. Many people love to spend hours in the kitchen for their family or friends, but eat a pizza in front of the TV if they’re alone.
Janneke Vreugdenhil shows that cooking without the other mouths to feed can be extremely satisfying. You don’t need to take anyone else’s tastes into account; you and you alone know exactly how long you like your steak to be cooked and you can go ahead and enjoy that delicious pasta with prawns and smoked whiskey tomato sauce.
Solo Food is an exciting and personal, inspirational cookbook with 72 recipes that you’ll love putting on the table.