Nothing better than the smell of freshly baked mixed berries and pistachio muffins around the house. This delicious recipe is incredibly easy to put together, just perfect to make ahead for the kids going back to school or to satisfy that cheeky sweet tooth after dinner.
– 2 cups self raising flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tsp of cinnamon
– 200 grams coconut sugar or brown sugar
– 150 grams butter softened
– 1/2 cup pistachios crushed
– 1 cup mixed berries
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1⁄2 tsp of baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius, butter or line muffin cases into a muffin tray.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, until creamy, using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
3. Add the egg and continue to beat for a minute or two.
4. In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Add the dry mixer to the wet mixture and mix well, now add the milk and mix until combined.
6. Add the mixed berries and pistachios use a spatula and mix together.
7. Use an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon and add a scoop to each muffin case.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 25 to 30 mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Enjoy warm or save for later.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.