Moroccan-Style European Lamb Salad Recipe from #LambTryItLoveIt
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb, Try It, Love It’ campaign in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.facebook.com/TryLamb for more information on all things European lamb.
The rich and versatile flavour of lamb packs a powerful punch and, with a wide variety of cuts available, is suitable for a range of dishes and cooking methods from quick mid-week meals to special dinners at weekends or holidays.
This refreshing and light Moroccan-style lamb salad is quick and easy to make – the perfect option for a light and tasty summer lunch or evening meal and perfectly highlights the natural flavour of European lamb. Pair with your favourite drink and dine al fresco for the perfect summer treat mid- week.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (+30 minutes marinating)
Cooking Time: 6 – 8 minutes
Serves 4 people
– 375 g lamb leg steaks
– 2 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 2 tsp harissa paste
– 75 ml olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– 2 oranges, skinned and segmented with any juice reserved
– 1 orange, juice only (plus any juice from above)
– ½ red onion, sliced
– 2 tbsp mint, chopped
– 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1. Place 1 teaspoon of the cumin, turmeric, harissa, 2 tablespoons of the oil and seasoning in a dish. Mix well and coat the lamb steaks all over with the marinade.
2. Leave to marinate, covered, for at least 30 minutes or longer if you have time.
3. Mix the orange segments with the onion and herbs in a large salad bowl.
4. Whisk the orange juice together with the remaining oil, garlic, remaining cumin and salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When it is very hot add the lamb steaks and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Season and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
6. Cut the steaks into thin slices, add to the orange salad and toss lightly with the vinaigrette.
7. Serve straight away accompanied with Moroccan bread or tabbouleh.
Tip: The longer you marinate the meat, the more tender and flavourful it will be. If you can leave it to marinate for several hours before cooking or even prepare it the day before. Mix from time to time and remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
LAMB – TRY IT, LOVE IT CAMPAIGN
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Try It, Love It Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.facebook.com/TryLamb a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.
[su_button url=”https://twitter.com/bordbia” background=”#52a7ec” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter-square”]@Bordbia[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/BordBia” background=”#3f52a4″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: facebook-square”]@BordBia[/su_button]