Here’s a super easy no bake bar that’s pretty healthy and will go perfect with a cup of tea by the fireplace with this weather change!
– 1 cup of almond butter (peanut butter can be used in place of almond!)
– 1 teaspoon of tahini (it adds a tanginess)
– 1/2 cup agave or honey
– 1 1/2 cups of oats
– 3 tablespoons of your choice of sprouts, seeds, or dried fruit
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the almond butter, tahini, and agave nectar.
2. Pour over the oats in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir with a spatula, and add your sprouts, seeds, or dried fruit (I used buckwheat and quinoa).
4. With the spatula, firmly press down mixture into a parchment lined brownie tin.
5. Set in the fridge for about a half hour to forty minutes until firm. (I was a little impatient and stuck the mix in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes!)
6. Slice and enjoy!
It’s fairly appropriate that with the name Carmel, I have a strong interest in food! I grew up in San Francisco and spent my summers in Cork, two amazing food cities. I find myself currently living in West Cork and experimenting with recipes and taking of photos of food I have created, which is marrying my two passions–photography and food.
I started baking and cooking as a way to relieve stress in high school, and found out pretty quickly I enjoyed being in the kitchen. In April 2014, I attended Ballymaloe Cookery School. Since then, I have have been working in different kitchens across Ireland, London and Italy, building on my education and building up my palette. My blog ‘Cooking With Carmel’ is a reflection of my traveling and growing up in a family of seven kids. I hope I inspire you to get in the kitchen and get cookin!