Strawberries are perfectly in season at the moment, so make the most of them with this no bake dessert in a jar from Siúcra. A crunchy biscuit base is layered with decadent chocolate mousse, velvety cream cheese filling and topped with juicy strawberries for a mouth-watering dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Whip it up in minutes and serve at a barbecue or summer picnic.
– 150g dark chocolate
– 4 tbsp Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar
– 300ml whipping cream
– 3 eggs, separated
Cream cheese layer
– 200g cream cheese
– 60g Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 2 tbsp lemon curd
– 150g strawberries
– Zest and juice of 1 lime
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar
– 6-8 Digestive biscuits
1. Melt the chocolate over a water bath and add the Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar.
2. Whisk the cream until firm and set aside.
3. Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until they form a stiff foam. Then set aside.
4. Lightly beat the eggs yolks and fold into the chocolate.
5. Fold the chocolate into the whipped cream, followed by the egg whites. Leave to cool in the refrigerator.rawberry dessert recioe
1. Beat together the cream cheese, Siúcra Icing Sugar and lemon curd.
1. Hull and chop the berries.
2. Zest and juice the lime and mix with the berries along with the Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar.
1. Crumble the Digestive biscuits.
2. Layer the mousse, cream cheese mixture, berries and crumbled Digestive biscuits in the glasses.
3. Top with berries.