I absolutely adore oats, almond butter, maple syrup and chocolate – so with those as the staple ingredients this flapjacks recipe, they are without a doubt one of my favourite sweet treats to have at the moment!
– 200g oats
– 160g smooth almond butter
– 150g maple syrup
– Pinch of coarse salt
– Shake of ground cinnamon
– 40g dark chocolate (min 70%)
1. In a large bowl combine the almond butter, maple syrup, salt & cinnamon.
2. Heat the mixture either over a bain-marie or in your microwave for 1-2 minutes until
3. Fold in the oats and mix until fully coated in the mixture.
4. Place the mixture into a baking tray and smooth out into an even layer.
5. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours until set, remove from the tin and slice into bars.
6. Melt the chocolate and pour generously over them, serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!