No Fuss Omelette Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
This no fuss omelette recipe is extremely versatile you can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I’m loving chives at the moment – they really liven this up!
– 1 large egg
– 2 egg whites
– Small handful of chopped chives
– 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
– 1/4 bell pepper, diced
– 6-8 button mushrooms, sliced
– 1 tbsp of good quality balsamic vinegar
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat a small pan with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes until it starts to soften.
2. Add in the pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes before adding the mushrooms and cooking for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Drizzle over the balsamic and reduce the heat to low while you prepare the rest of the dish, stirring occasionally.
4. Whisk the egg and the egg whites in a bowl, once combined whisk in the chives.
5. Heat a large frying pan with the remainder of the coconut oil and pour the egg mixture onto the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Loosen the omelette around the edges and flipping, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the opposite side or until cooked through to your liking.
7. Slide out of the pan onto a plate and load with the balsamic veggie mix – serve and enjoy!!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”66852, 51947, 61343, 66818″]