Northern Irish Restaurants Score Big in the Good Food Guide 2018
We have noted many times just how exciting the food scene in Belfast and across Northern Ireland currently is, and this has just been seconded by the well respected Good Food Guide which has just named 16 Northern Irish restaurants on its 2018 list.
The Good Food Guide, produced by high end grocery retailer Waitrose, is based on reader feedback on the restaurants as well as undercover inspections by highly qualified food experts. Topping the Northern Irish entries are Michelin starred EIPIC and OX.
Both properties received a score of six and speaking on the accomplished cooking taking place in these renowned eateries, Editor Elizabeth Carter had plenty of positive comments according to Belfast Live
On Danni Barry’s EIPIC, Carter commented: “The level of attention to detail in every mouthful is amazing, showing buckets of talent. Combinations are more intuitive than outrageous, but everything is a sheer joy. Danni Barry is a formidably talented practitioner of the contemporary gastronomic style.”
OX also received high praise as Carter noted that: “On the Lagan riverside with the graceful steel torsion of the Beacon of Hope sculpture right outside, OX is at the vanguard of Northern Irish gastronomy…and the whole place buzzes with enthusiastic staff and excited diners.”
As well as these award-winning restaurants, 14 others in Northern Ireland also featured in The Good Food Guide this year:
– Hadskis in Belfast, Co Antrim
– Il Pirata in Belfast, Co Antrim
– James Street South in Belfast, Co Antrim
– Mourne Seafood Bar in Belfast, Co Antrim
– Shu in Belfast, Co Antrim
– The Ginger Bistro in Belfast, Co Antrim
– The Muddlers Club in Belfast, Co Antrim
– The Old Schoolhouse Inn in Comber, Co Down
– The Bay Tree in Holywood, Co Down
– Vanilla in Newcastle, Co Down
– Wine & Brine in Moira, Co Armagh
– Balloo House in Killinchy, Co Down
– Harry’s Shack in Portstewart, Londonderry
– The Bull & Ram in Ballynahinch, Co Down
For more information on The Good Food Guide 2018 click here.