Oat and Amond Milk Porridge Recipe with Grapefruit and Cocoa
This porridge recipe is dairy free and suitable for vegans. The beautiful colours of the pink grapefruit and pistachio make this a feast for the eyes and the stomach.
– 50g rolled oats
– 240ml almond milk
– 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
– 1⁄4 tsp cocoa powder
– 1 tsp pistachios, chopped
1. Put the oats in a saucepan, then stir in the almond milk and add 240ml of water.
2. Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
3. Cook for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until creamy.
4. Spoon the porridge into a serving bowl, add the grapefruit, and sprinkle over the cocoa powder and pistachios.
Heather Whinney is an experienced home economist, cookery writer and food stylist. She was a freelance food editor at BBC Good Food, she was also the cookery school manager at Cordon Vert, where she developed her love of writing recipes. Healthy bowl food has become one of the biggest healthy food trends around; tasty and nourishing ingredients layered in comforting bowls that keep you energised and feeling great. What makes 100 Weight Loss Bowls so unique is that every dish comes in at under 300, 400 or 600 calories. Each recipe is is clearly labelled to show you whether it is vegan, vegetarian or gluten free, so there’s something for everyone.
100 Weight Loss Bowls is published by DK and is priced at €16.99