One Pot Chilli Con Carne Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
Nothing helps you to stay on track during a Wintry January like a delicious one pot wonder! Make a large batch of this chilli con carne the weekend and have it on hand for dinners in a moment during the week.
My top ways to have this chilli:
– In a bowl with some cauliflower rice or courgette pasta with some sliced avocado on top – delicious!
– For lunch the next day with some steamed broccoli.
– Or if you’re looking for the ultimate comfort food – serve inside a baked sweet potato for the ultimate indulgence!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
– 500g beef mince
– 2 tbsp ground cumin
– 2 tsp hot chili powder
– 1 tbsp chipotle smoked chili flakes
– 2 red onions, finely chopped
– 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 can of tinned tomatoes (400g)
– 1 can tomato purée (48g)
– ¼ cup of vegetable stock
– Coconut oil
1. Heat a large pot with some coconut oil and sauté the onions and garlic until they starts to become translucent.
2. Add in the pepper and the spices and cook until tender.
3. Break up the mince and add to the pot.
4. Once it has begun to brown add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and stock to the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes until it comes to a gentle boil.
5. Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the mince is full cooked and the sauce has thickened.
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!