This one-pot pasta recipe is a simple weeknight dinner that everyone will love. Quick and easy to make and there is minimal washing up.
– 200g bacon cut into 2cm pieces/bacon lardons or 8 streaky rashers, chopped
– 1 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
– 1 onion, peeled and chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
– 200g mushrooms, sliced
– 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 600mls chicken stock
– 300g farfalle
– 1 small courgette, approximately 100g, sliced into thin strips
– 60g cheese, hard cheese
– 20g pecans, walnuts or cashew nuts, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, over a medium heat, stirring from time to time until the bacon is crispy.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Then add the mushrooms and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Add in the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Stir frequently.
5. Stir through the cheese and allow to cook for another couple of minutes. The cheese will help to thicken the sauce. Taste and season. Just before serving add in the courgettes.
– Divide into four bowls and sprinkle over the nuts. Serve with a green salad.
Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board, aims to bring the taste of Irish food to more tables world-wide. Their mission is to drive through market insight and, in partnership with industry, the commercial success of a world class Irish food, drink and horticulture industry.
For more information, www.bordbia.ie