Pan Fried Pear and Pancetta Salad Recipe with Goat’s Cheese by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio
The mix of sweet and juicy pears, crispy pancetta and creamy goat’s cheese is the perfect pear-ing in this go-to summer salad recipe, which is ideal for sharing with friends. Serve as a satisfying yet light meal on its own or as an accompaniment to main dishes.
– 3 to 4 pears, peeled, cored, sliced into wedges
– 80g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
– 30g butter
– 1 tsp chopped thyme
– 100g pancetta
– 50g rocket leaves
– 30g salad leaves
– 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
– 50g soft goat’s cheese
– Garden herbs such as fennel fronds and edible flowers, optional
– 1 lemon, zest and juice
– 50ml rapeseed oil
– 1 tsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley or chives
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the dressing, combine Siúcra Caster Sugar with all the other ingredients. Check the seasoning, adding a little extra sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
2. To prepare the pears, heat a large frying pan over a medium to low heat with butter and Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar and add the pear wedges.
3. Add the thyme and sauté until softened and golden.
4. Heat another frying pan and add the pancetta, sauté until crispy and cooked.
5. Place the rocket leaves and salad leaves on a large serving platter.
6. Arrange the pears and pancetta on the top.
7. Spoon over some of the salad dressing and sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top. Crumble the goat’s cheese on top before serving. Add herbs and edible flowers to garnish (optional).
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.