French toast – with a twist! Try your hand at Siúcra’s Pancetta Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. The perfect lunchtime snack, this cheesy and tasty offering is sure to get your both your sweet and savoury taste buds tingling. Lunchtime never looked (or tasted) so good.
– 8 slices of white pan style bread
– 6 tbsp cream cheese
– 6 slices of crispy cooked pancetta, chopped
– 1 orange, zest only
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp chopped chives
– 8 slices of pancetta, dusted with Siúcra icing sugar before grilling
– Siúcra Icing Sugar, for dusting
– Lengths of chives, to garnish
For the batter
– 3 eggs, beaten
– 200ml cream
– 50ml milk
– 3 tsp Siúcra caster sugar
– ½ tsp ground cinnamon
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To prepare the French toast
1. Spread 4 slices of bread with cream cheese, add the chopped pancetta, orange, cinnamon and chopped chives.
2. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and “sandwich” the bread together.
To make the batter
1. Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan with little oil and butter.
3. Slice the “sandwiches” into 2 triangles and dip each into the egg batter.
4. Place into the heated pan and cook on each side until golden.
5. Continue until all the “sandwiches” are cooked.
1. Place 2 pieces onto each plate, dust with icing sugar.
2. Garnish each with 2 slices of grilled pancetta and lengths of chives.
3. Serve immediately.
For more information on Siúcra products and/or recipes visit Siúcra’s Facebook page or www.siucra.ie.